Fallen off the wagon

OK, so maybe it was a bit unrealistic to expect myself to post every day during Thanksgiving break. Which was a lot of fun, by the way, but we basically spent every waking moment at my dad's, which was a tightly scheduled sessions of eating, talking and drinking (usually all three at once), so I just fell off the NaBloPoMo wagon big-time. Better luck next year -- though would it kill these people to make it some month other than November? Or December. And probably August. I'll have my people call your people.

So... Thanksgiving. The Texas clan seems happy and remarkably calm, all things considered (three boys under 6 and two very full-time jobs). Nothing much happened, aside from the above activities plus a rousing game of Pictionary. I was so inspired that subsequently volunteered to help plan the office holiday party. Yes, there will be Charades, and yes, and I'm quite sure I will embarrass myself while playing even though I will be completely sober.

In other news, I'm happy to report that the old house was indeed demolished, and a lot faster than I thought. When it's a cheapo wood frame house, all you need is the modern diesel equivalent of Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel to take big bites of house and tear them off in its jaws. When it tackled the erstwhile mudroom, the entire wall snapped like a graham cracker. Becky got to take a few bits of debris to school for Sharing. While the machines were at it, the kids and I explored the walking trails nearby for the first time. These are Quality Woods. I'm psyched that it's finally underway. Ben was very excited this week to see the cement machine pour new footings for the expanded garage. I was even more excited to see the tile and floor samples that came in the mail from BuildDirect.com. Yes, folks, you can shop for an entire house (in pieces, anyway) on the web! Nothing like plopping several pounds of slate and red oak on top of the duvet between you and the hubby. How do you like Cotto Terra Rosso for the kitchen?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entertainments II

Beaky and spiny

You rock, you farshluggineh kids!