And the winner is...

Sunday night: Yes, I watched the Oscars, but only a tiny fraction thereof, due to cleanup of massive dinenr party involving relatives for Becky's 6th birthday, and later sleeping with Becky as she had developed croup (cough = bark like a seal) and was very unhappy. The one major award I saw was Ms. Cotillard winsomely winning Best Actress for "La Vie en Rose" which I didn't see. I loved her totally unfaked joy and unscripted thanks, as well as her gorgeous hair and fish dress. In fact I saw none of the major nominees (unless you count "Ratatouille" en famille) except "Away From Her," which I didn't think deserved Best Actress. The highlight of the evening was catching up by phone with my cousin K. We're very close -- we talk every year on Oscar night, though in younger days I watched the show with her wherever she was living in Florida or Georgia. And went to the beach, of course.

Monday: At home with Becky, both of us exhausted. Mother-daughter napping was enjoyed by all.

Today: Busy and hanging in there. Pondering the deliciousness of homemade chicken soup with matzo balls, Obama's rise and Hillary's fall, commuter trains and their inability to keep on schedule...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entertainments II

Beaky and spiny

The rogue wave is coming