Monday morning quarterbacking... on Friday

Better late than never, which is the story of my life... Anyway, can anyone tell me the REAL reason why health care reform turned some (not all) opponents into hate-filled liars? I really want to know. Because that opposition sure wasn't based on anything factual or even plausible. I'm talking about the pieces in today's New York Times by Paul Krugman and Bob Herbert. And here's more good MMQ'ing from ElectoralVote.com: lessons from the whole health-insurance reform process. Now if Obama would just LISTEN to us because WE KNOW BEST, dammit.

On an unrelated note, here are some swell new emoticons from Hyperbole and a Half:

(::::)   "I feel like I am the underside of a pregnant dog."

:O&   "I LOVE PRETZELS!!!! NOM! NOM! NOM!"

:*(    "You make me cry sparkly tears."

{:|     "I am a Frenchman."

Q:|   "I'm Davy fucking Crockett."

On Sunday we are going to Florida for a week. This is especially nice because it was fucking snowing this morning. We are going to a seder at "the club" which is the golf/tennis/gym/spa/restaurant HQ of the gated community where by in-laws have their house. This should be interesting to say the least. Keep on the lookout for brief posts and pix from my iPhone. Or not. Pass the Coppertone...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entertainments II

Beaky and spiny

The rogue wave is coming