I can see clearly now, the fashion pain is gone...

I got new glasses for the first time since the turn of the century (I would guess the early 1990s). When selecting frames, you're always at the mercy of whatever style happens to be hip at the moment, but I think we're in a good period. They're neither outlandish nor nerdy; they're subtle yet quietly cool. Of course I may laugh my ass off at pictures of myself in these glasses 'round about 2025. Though I can't imagine they could be worse than others that people thought were nice-looking at the time, like this. Those of us who are unusually nearsighted also had to cope with thick distorting eyeglass lenses, but they seem to have largely solved that problem. Otherwise I might still look like this. By the way, did you recognize that last person? This photo will surely be trotted out for ridicule when she runs for president. It's not surprising that she's always had a rotten hairstyle, which she frequently tries to overwhelm away with scarves. Though this, too, I can relate to. I guess we just don't use enough PRODUCT or spend enough hours using all those specialized tools.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entertainments II

Beaky and spiny

The rogue wave is coming