Boring and incomprehensible

The other day I was rushing off to work and I grabbed a pile of bills on the counter that needed paying. But Ben stopped me and said there were important things he needed to explain about some of them. In other words, they weren't all your basic log-on-to-BillPay-and be-done-with-it kinds of things. There were phone calls that had to be made to enlighten various entities about the torturous history of our health insurance, like when this policy in my name changed to that policy in Ben's name on such-and-such a date, and so the doctor's office resubmitted a claim to the wrong insurance company and SNZZZZzzzzzzz... SO. BORING. Which reminded me of these two great posts on Steam Me Up, Kid, where she described trying vainly to take in the workings of her furnace and how to jump-start a car. So fucking hilarious. I sent them to Ben and now he sort of realizes when my eyes get all glassy during one of these conversations. I don't even care that it reinforces negative stereotypes about women being inept mechanically. Come to think of it, maybe I'll write one where I try to explain to Ben about how to cook something. Yeah, that would be pretty funny. Did you know it's actually possible to fuck up Kraft Macaroni & Cheese? Oh yes it is, ladies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entertainments II

Beaky and spiny

The rogue wave is coming