R.I.P. -- not!

Jerry Falwell just died, and I'm glad. So there. I know I'm slipping into his own gutter of insufficient compassion by saying this, but too bad. That man was just pure evil. Remember this comment right after 9/11? "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'" If that doesn't make you mad enough, there are more of his timeless pronouncements here and here.

Off to Old Blighty tomorrow evening. Part of me (the minority part) is sort of looking forward to hours of uninterrupted reading, sleeping and listening to my iPod, but most of me is sad and anxious about (a) not seeing the girls for four days (and Ben too, though he has an adult grasp of elapsed time and separations), and (b) going through my mother's things and all the memories they'll release. But at least I'll get to see my brother and our best friends C. and E. If I have time, I'll try to post from over there. Otherwise, back here in a week or so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entertainments II

Beaky and spiny

The rogue wave is coming