I couldn't have said it better myself

Geese Aplenty has validated my feelings about bicyclists in the city.

Tomorrow is Demolition Derby Day in the Leafy Suburb. Not with cars, more's the pity, but with large pieces of equipment that eat buildings, which is the fate that's about to befall the existing ranch house on the site of our future Forever House. Yes, after months of dealing with town bureaucrats and attitudinous architects, the house project is finally getting underway. So I get to wake up at 5 a.m. on a Monday on which I'm on vacation to go shiver in a driveway while Ben and the kids dance around and watch the fun. If it were up to me I'd wait until the news highlights on TV, but apparently to men and small children, watching a house get torn down is a Big Deal. So I'll cheerfully go along with it and then excuse myself after a decent interval to go back home and go back to sleep. I have to store up strength for this week's fun -- my brother and his family fly in for a visit highlighted by Thanksgiving on Thursday, featuring five children aged six and under. Oy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entertainments II

Beaky and spiny

You rock, you farshluggineh kids!