Pop quiz

How closely can we follow current events? Try taking this quiz from the New Yorker. It's masochistic, really. I don't know why I keep ranting here about Bush et al when it does no good and only bores people who most likely already agree with me, but I can't help it -- I guess it's somehow cathartic. Maybe this blog is a valve through which huge quantities of otherwise harmful noxious gases must be vented. Not that there aren't enough parodies running around the web, but check out this item in the tragicomic vein of "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

To keep things in perspective, tonight is Halloween, so I'll have the pleasure of seeing the kids dressed as a bumblebee and a furry doggie and watch them giggle and collect candy and have weird extrovert-type fun while I think about tooth decay and web site architecture. I try to live in the moment...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entertainments II

Beaky and spiny

The rogue wave is coming